Cunard are delighted to welcome Sherree Valentine-Daines as their official Artist in Residence.
One of the most collectable artists of her generation, Sherree is renowned for her celebrity portraiture; sitters have included Joanna Lumley, Lord Sebastian Coe, Sir Michael Parkinson, Dame Vera Lynn and Jonny Wilkinson. She is also the official artist for Royal Ascot and is privileged to have her artwork hanging in the Royal Collection.
Sherree has held exhibitions in prestigious locations across the UK including the Tate Gallery, the Barbican and the Royal Society of British Painters.
Her artwork has long been shown in the Clarendon Fine Art galleries on board and is a firm favourite of collectors at sea. She has been Cunard’s guest on two previous occasions, having sailed on Queen Elizabeth’s maiden voyage in 2010 and her fifth anniversary celebration in 2015.
Sherree is spending time on all three Cunard ships, starting this month (Sep 2019). She will host a variety of events on board, including:
- Painting a senior officer.
- A demonstration of technique, including stylistic hints and tips.
- “An audience with” session and a book signing.
- Gallery unveiling event of a new piece.
- Hosting a table in the evening with the Captain and VIP guests.
- Cocktail Gallery functions.